Thursday, November 7, 2019

Frolic

Bonnie Hunter's mystery this year is called Frolic, and she released her colours last Friday.

Here's her scanned photo of the paint chips:
I don't know how helpful a scan is for those of us who don't have access to the same chips. The colours are going to look very different on different screens.

Today I did a preliminary sort of my stash to see what I might have that could work. Here's what I pulled out, other than the neutrals:
My dark blues are very dark, which I'm happy with. But I think there is not enough contrast between the lighter blues and the aquas, so I may have to rethink those lighter blues and go for something a bit darker. I'd prefer not to buy any new fabric, though. I want this quilt to boost my stash use figures for the year!

So far I haven't looked at the proportions of each colour that Bonnie specified. I would like to swap things around a bit though. For last year's Good Fortune I swapped the warm colours and the cool colours, but for this one I'm a bit puzzled about what would be a good approach. There's still three weeks until it starts, so I suppose there's no hurry to make up my mind.

6 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya can't wait to see this xx

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty. I need to look at my stash and see what I have too.

Sue SA said...

I was just discussing this years BH Mystery with two friends on Friday. I am normally too busy at this time to even think about starting a new quilt, but this year I am free and I love these colours! I like your pull, but think I will have the same issue with contrast between aqua and light blue....however assuming that Bonnie will not necessarily place them next to each other? Are you going to do a full size quilt or half? Her quilts are so large!

Jeanette said...

You have nailed the other colours but that aqua doesn't look right. Maybe use something else entirely.

ButterZ said...

I've pulled my fabrics for this years mystery. I have decided on a much lighter aqua. They are great colours though.

Pamela said...

Gorgeous fabrics!