Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Garden in August

Since my last monthly garden summary we've had some frost, so the salvias are finished, but there's a lot more happening. I'll start with the white flowers, then try to work my way all around the colourwheel.

Most exciting - the first blossom in the orchard! The plums are first this year:

And some winter white, the snowflakes:

Here's a pink beauty:
It is a fuchsia, "Wendy's Beauty".  We bought this and another fuchsia at a Horticultural Society meeting earlier this year. The other one doesn't have flowers yet, but this one has several enormous blooms.

Magenta pigface flower:

Grevillea:

Correa:

My cyclamen:
After thinking this wasn't going to flower this year, I found the buds hiding under the leaves last month. Since then, several of the buds have been snipped off by crimson rosellas, but finally one flower is open!

Red camellia, "Yuletide", just opening:
There are some more buds too. Camellias seem to grow really well in this area, but so far we have not had a lot of luck with them. But maybe this one is going to survive? Or even thrive?

Red hot pokers, slightly orange:

This leucadendron is a bit of red and yellow

An orange abutilon:

An acacia:

Golden jonquils:

No green flowers, but here's some broccoli:

Something else green:

A hyacinth looking blue. In reality it is more purple:

And the first light purple spring star, along with lots of buds to come:

Speaking of buds:
I haven't seen this orchid in flower, but I believe it will be magenta, so that will take us back to the beginning of the colour wheel.




5 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a lovely array of flowers...hugs, Julierose

Graeme said...

Is that V6 Jaguar XF yours?

Sue SA said...

Wow you have lots flowering in your garden and you made me realise that I should too, if I ventured outside with my eyes open! I hope that Jag is yours!

Jeanette said...

A red and yellow time of year. Love the fuchsia, such a delicate pink. What a joy to be able to see all this in your garden.
But.
A don't think a jag has very green creds.

Wendy said...

Pretty sure I had a "Wendy's Beauty" once upon a time...
my Dad (who NEVER called me Wendy) used to give me "Wendy" plants if he found one.
Your Garden is looking wonderful - and I was thinking of you when I saw the Snow report in your area!
Cheers (from Coburg)