Thursday, August 1, 2019

Numbers

Every time I have finished quilting one of the charity quilts I've been working on, I've looked at what was still remaining, and it always seems as if there are about 3 more tops to quilt. After taking the one I finished on Tuesday to the person who is going to add the binding, I decided to count exactly what is still to do, rather than guessing there was "about three more".

I found that in fact I have four more completed tops to quilt, plus there were a random set of left-over blocks, quarter blocks, and re-assembled blocks. I worked out that if I made one more block I would have enough pieces to assemble all those left-over blocks into one more top. So yesterday I made the block, and today I put together this quilt top:
 And now I have a total of five more tops to quilt!


Stash at the end of July:

Thread:
Two spools emptied, none added.
Year to date - down 10 spools.

Dress fabric:
None used, none added.
Year to date - down 3.25m.

Quilt fabric:
Used 3.45m, added 5.1m. (Spotlight clearance sales are a trap.)
Year to date - up 3.7m.

5 comments:

Maria said...

I really like that quilt top..
How do you make each block ???

Sue SA said...

Great work with all your charity quilts, they are lovely and will be much appreciated I am sure. I am a bit daunted (on your behalf) by the idea of five to do! The bird observing block looks lovely and we have the gorgeous pink hakea in our garden. I will have to look its name up, as I have just grown some from seed.

Jeanette said...

This is a really nice top. It has the look that it has been around a long time. Great work in pulling a whole lot of blocks together.

Pamela said...

I like this latest quilt top. It's good to know just what you have. Will more appear after these are finished?

jacaranda said...

Love the colours of this one, I hope the quilting you do on the charity quilts are appreciated by your guild, well done.