Thursday, August 22, 2019

Purple and White

This morning I finished quilting another of the charity quilts I basted last week:
That's number 18 done.

It isn't easy to see the quilting on either the front or the back, but here's a closer view of one corner so you can get a bit of an idea.
I'm not fond of the cotton batting I used for this one. The guild purchased a big roll for use in donation quilts, but this is the first one that I've done using it. But it seems flat and lifeless in comparison to the wool/poly blend I usually use.

For something completely different, almond blossom:
The almond started flowering just after I did my monthly round up, and now has quite a lot of open blossom.

As I've been quilting over the last couple of days, I could see that a small shrub in our native garden bed had flowers open. This afternoon I finally went to have a close look:
Unfortunately its tag has gone missing. But from the shape of the flower it could be an eremophila, and from a google search it is possibly Eremophila lehmanniana. It is pretty, whatever it is, and hopefully the flowers will attract insects which will in turn attract birds to the garden.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

I don't like cotton batting either. Pity it is so hard to see your fantastic quilting.

jacaranda said...

Lovely quilt top.

Pamela said...

Congrats on another finish! Eighteen is fantastic! I love seeing what is happening in your garden.

Julierose said...

Beautiful finish--this is quite a quilting journey for you!
Very pretty almond flowers...our gardens here are starting to fade between the lack of rain and intense heat and humidity...hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

I like the purple blanket. You have beautiful flowers in your garden. Marie

Needled Mom said...

Just as your blooms are appearing, I am seeing some leaves starting to change.

Sue SA said...

Beautiful quilting! I must say that I enjoy using the cotton wadding, but is certainly flatter then the wool, so the look and feel is very different.