Sunday, April 22, 2018

Thread Storage

Yesterday at Bunnings in Geelong I was browsing through the storage area, and came across these containers:
They are "Stackable Caddy Organisers" that clip together so you can lift several with the top handle. Each one has three different sized compartments. I thought they could be handy for sorting out and holding the various types of thread I currently have all in one big tub. But I couldn't find a shelf label with a price anywhere. I took them up to the front counter just to ask the price, as they looked like they might be a bit pricey. I was quite surprised to be told they were only $8 each, because they were discontinued. (Regular price $25 each, according to Mr Google.) So I snapped up all the remaining stock. And here they are with all my different quilting threads in them:
That freed up the thread-holding tub, which now holds my quilting rulers. And the container that was holding the rulers now has some other bits and pieces that were sitting round without a home. So the nett effect is that my sewing room is just a little more organised.

6 comments:

Terry said...

The universe loved.

Kate said...

Good find. My sewing room is a complete mess. I periodically tackle the mess but it is soon out of control partly because I am not good at putting things away

Jeanette said...

Great find and use. I think we quilters just see what's on offer in stores differently from other folks.
But I am a bit like Kate, in the end I need to just put things away.

Marly said...

What a stroke of fortune! I like how you put them to good use straight away, and could then move things along in your other storage containers. My husband groans whenever I as much look at plastic containers! But we need them, don’t we?

Sue SA said...

Awesome purchase, very jealous....going to check out my local Bunnings to see if they have any left!

Dianne said...

A lucky find, they look just the right size for threads!