Saturday, November 25, 2017

Geelong Quilt Show

The Geelong Patchwork and Quilters Guild show is on this weekend. Lots of guilds have patchwork car covers that they pop on a car outside their show, but this was the first patchwork bike cover I've seen:
I presume there was a bike or a motorbike under there. I didn't check.
Cute, anyway, and more manageable than a car cover, in terms of making, storing or deploying it.

Inside the quilt show there were lots of signs stating that no photos should be published anywhere without the quilt-maker's consent, so I didn't even take any photos. There was one quilt I really would have liked to show though. It was made entirely of shade cloth!

Added Later:  Fortunately Jeanette was smart enough to ask at the desk, so she has pictures of the shade-cloth quilt on her blog. Check it out here. It is amazing.

1 comment:

jacaranda said...

Sadly I did not get to our guild exhibition.