Friday, June 17, 2022

Quilted Mountains

In July last year I made a Scrappy Mountain Majesties top. In November I sandwiched it ready for quilting, which I was hoping to get done by the end of the year. In fact I didn't start quilting it until February this year, when I only did a little bit and then stopped. The quilt has been sitting waiting for me until this week. But here it is, quilted:

Finally!

The first idea I had for quilting it just didn't work, so there was some unpicking, then a lot of waiting for inspiration. A few days ago I had an idea, and it really didn't take long once I got going. Close-up of the quilting:

The colours look a bit strange because the sun was behind it and the printed design on the sheet I used for backing was showing through:
Let's see if I can get the binding done before it is 12 months since I started making the blocks...

(In case you aren't familiar with the pattern, it is from Bonnie Hunter's Free Patterns page.)

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Funny how a quilting design is just so obviously right once you think of it. Love how they are undersea mountains.

Julierose said...

What a beautiful finish on this one!! Love the colors and the quilting is just right...nice work hugs, Julierose

conny's quilts en creaties said...

So loveley! Well done

Ivani said...

It is a beauty, Vireya! Great quilting also.

jacaranda said...

Fabulous and I especially love the backing fabric.

Pamela said...

This so so colorful! Absolutely fantastic! Well done.

Needled Mom said...

I love this!!! The colors are great and the quilting is beautiful on it too.

Calistka said...

Fabulous work! Really good job!

Laura said...

So pretty! The colors are great!