Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Mountain Blocks

 How did this happen?

I really don't need to be starting another quilt project. But somehow, seeing a quilt on Bonnie Hunter's blog last week set me looking for the pattern, and then making a test block or two or three...

The pattern is Scrappy Mountain Majesties, and it is on Bonnie's Free Patterns page.

The blocks are easy to make (much easier than they look), and good for some simple sewing to calm the mind. And mine needs a lot of calming lately. I will make enough blocks for another donation quilt.



7 comments:

Pamela said...

This is pretty! I find myself starting new things too.

hetty said...

I love that block. I have made many of them. Starting new projects is not a bad thing.

Jeanette said...

I made a quilt based on the Delectable Mountains block many years ago. Set so spun round rather than made rows. So much easier than it looks. This setting looks great too.

jacaranda said...

I also made a quilt with a block similar to this for Quilts of Valor. I found it very easy despite it looking quite complicated. Your fabric colours are lovely.

Maria said...

None of us need new projects BUT we always do....
Your new one looks great.

Ivani said...

New project is good to make we sewing a lot and forgeting the problems. Keep call and sew. This will be a beautiful quilt to warm someone out there.

Needled Mom said...

That’s one of my favorite patterns of hers. I’ve made several of them and love them all. Yours will be so pretty in those fabrics.