Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Progress

Hello cocky!


 This cockatoo came to say hello this morning as the sun came up.


What can I say about July's WOOFA progress? (Working On Or Finishing A ...) I did a small amount of work on the project I had nominated for this month, but it was hard going. The thread broke constantly, and progress was so slow that it was a real chore to keep at it. Then came covid outbreaks, and our fifth lockdown, and I just needed something more fun to do. The result was the Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt top I posted about last Saturday. Since then I have done a bit more work on my Birdhouse quilt. Here are the various components pinned up for me to play with their arrangement:

There is another set of pinwheels for the top border, but you'll just have to imagine them for the moment.


Before and after the lockdown I've been continuing to work on emptying my father's house. It is another job that is not at all fun. I couldn't do anything during the lockdown as it is much more than 5km from my place, plus the places that can take some of the furniture were all closed. But now I'm back into it, and I have 2 more weeks until the house has to be empty.

 

Today I had another finish, which has been 12 weeks in the making. It involved a visit here:

And now I can wear this with pride:

Such a good feeling!


My WOOFA goal for August will involve getting a couple of quilt tops sandwiched and the quilting underway. (As well as finishing the house clearance, and celebrating someone's significant birthday.)

Linked to Cheryll's July WOOFA Party. I'm sure everyone has been more productive than me this month. Go and check out the links.

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a busy and productive month. You have achieved so much despite the lockdown. Yay to being fully vaccinated!

Janice said...

I think you did just fine, considering all that has been going on in the background.....and you did get that bonus project happening. Good on you for being fully vaccinated. We still have to way another five weeks for our second jab. I love the cute pin you can wear with pride.

Ivani said...

Your birdhouse quilt is such a beautiful one. And cockatoo is very nice for caming just to say hello. ♥
So happy to know you are fully vaccinated, and that pin is really cute. Use it with pride and gratitude.
Happy weekend.

Laura said...

Congratulations on being fully vaccinated!

ButterZ said...

I like the pin you got for being vaccinated. Who was giving them out

hetty said...

A cockatoo came to say hello? How exciting! I only have noisy blackbirds and a Downy woodpecker who is destroying the paneling on my house. I love your birdhouse quilt. So pretty. Congratulations on getting your covid shot. I got my second dose this morning. A paramedic from the city came to my house to administer it because it is difficult for me to get out. Love your pin! Wish I had one.

Pamela said...

I really like the birdhouse quilt - so cheery! Clearing out your father’s house with such a short time is stressful. Reminds me of moving to Japan, it was difficult. I had my second shot Thursday. The number of infections here are breaking records every day, so it’s good.

Cheryll said...

Love the PiN... and your birdhouse is fantastic...xox

jacaranda said...

You certainly have been busy….