Sunday, May 9, 2021

First Dose

Over 50s became eligible to get our first vaccine dose last Monday, but the week was consumed with family issues.

This morning at about 10:20 I rang the vaccine booking hotline to make an appointment. I was told the first available was 10:40. Too soon! I couldn't get there that quickly. So I made appointments for both of us for midday.

The vaccine hub is set up in a hotel/conference centre in Ballarat. Entrance through the carpark:

Sitting in the waiting area:

A very meta photo of someone looking at that photo he just took of me:

 

And afterwards, waiting 15 mins to make sure we didn't faint or have allergic reactions, we were given lollipops and glasses of water. Very hard to consume either while wearing a mask!

Outside, a selfie spot:

I only figured out when I looked at the photo later that the red shape was meant to look like a superhero cape.

My arm is a bit sore, but my main feeling is of relief that I've started the process.

6 comments:

Ivani said...

I am so glad to know both of you are got the 1st dose.
Great News!!!

Julierose said...

Oh that is so great--don't you feel better already?? After the 2nd dose my stress level went down a whole lot--but still being cautious...hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Interesting you were allowed to take photos in the waiting area. Signs up forbidding photos at the vaccine hub I attended. Good to know you will be somewhat protected in a week or two.

jacaranda said...

A sigh of relief, first vac out of the way. Looking forward to my shot on the weekend, can then relax.

Pamela said...

Woo hoo! Good for you!

Marie Králová said...

My congratulations on your first vaccination. I received my second dose today. So a little closer to normal life. Marie