Friday, February 25, 2022

Progress

 I basted this quilt way back in November:

Today I finally began the quilting.

This morning I went and signed what just may be the last bit of paperwork to sort out Mum's finances. I sincerely hope so, anyway!

The third of my crepe myrtles has started flowering. This isn't the order I wanted these photos to appear, but here are the three with flowers:

It is not obvious from the photo, because the first and second ones are the same colour as each other. The third one is closest to the camera, and has slightly darker flowers:

Last year only the two pink ones had flowers, so having three in flower is progress! Of the two remaining trees, I know one is white but I don't remember at all what colour the other is. Perhaps next summer four or even all five of them will flower and I might find out! It is something to look forward to, anyway.

Over the last week the belladonna lilies have begun to send up their flower buds, and now the first of them are open:

In the back yard there are a couple of pots with these bulbs in, too. But they seem to be slow to get growing:

Do you think the fact that Dot likes to lie on the planter whenever the sun is shining might affect the bulbs?

6 comments:

Laura said...

My dog used to do that too! Your belladonna lilies are beautiful. Hope you get your mom's finances straightened out. A good friend of mine is going through the same thing with her mom and dad. She is losing her mind!

Marie Králová said...

I hope you can handle your mother's finances soon. Again beautiful flowers for fun. Marie

Jeanette said...

There are crepe myrtles as street trees nearby. They are looking wonderful this year like yours. Belladonna's are such a lovely surprise, they seem to pop up out of nowhere.

Pamela said...

The lilIes are gorgeous! I love the picture of Dot.

Needled Mom said...

lol! Love the dog on the planter. I love the magestic mountain pattern. The flowers are so pretty.

Coburgcraftstuff said...

That photo of Dot is hilarious! I’m guessing she does not do the usual three circles to the left then 3 to the right ( repeat as needed) routine before curling up on just a compact spot!
Love the Belladonna lillies, could be a drawing challenge for me - how to colour yet show the bright white of the flower.