Saturday, June 11, 2022

Out of Iso

Last Sunday at 3:38am I was sent a very long text message about what I had to do having tested positive to covid. Part of it said "You can leave isolation on 11/06/2022." So I suppose now I'm free to go.

(Beautiful cyclamen gift from my neighbour the day before I got sick).


Each day (including today) I have been sent a link to a reporting tool to record my symptoms, including blood oxygen levels. (The same neighbour kindly collected the oxygen meter from the health service in Ballarat for me). For the first few days someone from the local health service rang to talk to me about how I was going, but they haven't bothered since Wednesday. I suppose by then they knew I wasn't sick enough for them to be concerned.

For a day or two during the week I couldn't taste anything, and for a day I could hardly stand up or walk because my balance was was all screwed up. The well-known symptoms of runny nose, cough, sore throat and tiredness gradually lessened during the week, and now I feel just about back to normal.

Sometime during the week a large chunk of a tree fell down on our block:

But we only noticed it yesterday.

One of my zygocactuses almost has a flower:

These used to flower for my birthday in the city, but they are a couple of weeks or so later in the colder climate here.

I don't know if a rapid test will still show up as positive. I will have to try one at home before going to visit my mother. Don't want to drive all that way only to find out that they won't let me in.

This afternoon I made a couple of test blocks for Preeti's 2022 Positivity Quilt-Along. Block tutorial here.

I will probably make enough for a small quilt to donate here. But I was also interested in the block because of something that has been in the back of my mind for a while, that I mentioned when I took a trip to Amitié 4 years ago.



8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Very happy to hear that you were not too sick and for not too long. If a tree falls and you don't notice doesn't mean it didn't fall. Good thing you were stuck inside.
Great fabrics for the newish block.

Pamela said...

When I first saw 11/06/2022, I thought November 6th - oh no! Glad you are now free and feeling fine.

Laura said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Julierose said...

So good to hear that you are out of the Covid "woods" so to speak. It sounds like you really got hit with it!!
Your health service is right on it; I don't think we would be given all those testing items here!! [I won't ask why we've fallen so far behind;(((]

Anyway, so far so good here. I just re-potted what's left of my Christmas Cacti...for some reason they began failing last Fall...so now I have two small ones in a med pot...hopefully they will recuperate...
Hugs and hopes for you to stay well Julierose

Ivani said...

Oh No!! I also got Covid by the begining of June.
I am glad to know you are feeling better. Take care.

jacaranda said...

Pleased you are on the mend.

Marie Králová said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Marie

Wendy said...

Glad to see you survived yet another 'Lockdown'. ;) Hope the aftermath symptoms don't linger too long.
Your tree looks like there may have been some startled Possums at the time. Will you leave it for Habitat or next winter's warmth?
Cheers Wendy