Thursday, June 16, 2022

The Garden in June

I was a day late taking my garden photos this month, and that was a shame because yesterday morning the tree dahlias looked great, but today:

Sadly battered by strong winds that broke many of the stems:

But at least that as the only damage. Down the road an enormous tree came down, and by what I could see as I drove past today it must have been right across the road.

Yes, today I got in the car and drove! I was a bit worried I might have forgotten how after 2 weeks, but it all came back to me :-)

First open zygocactus flower:

Several of the other plants are budding up as well.

Hebe flowers:

Rather wet cyclamen:


Wet bergenia:

Very wet hellebore "Cinnamon Snow":
Crassula succulent covered in flowers:
Leafless wattle, Acacia aphylla:

I can't find any previous mention of it on my blog, but perhaps I posted a photo without naming it? As you can see it has a few bedraggled flowers, but lots of buds to come.

The little white-flowered correa "Gwen" that we bought in Melton last month is flowering like mad:

Here's one of the larger, more established correas, that the rosellas haven't stripped all the flowers off (yet?):


This euryops daisy has been having a break for a couple of months, but it is starting to flower again:

And this little daisy bush has jut one flower at the moment:

But there are buds.

Baby salvia:

Lavender:
The various larger salvias have just about finished:
Thryptomene:
A white camellia:
Viburnum tinus:
Phygelius aequalis "Yellow trumpet":

At this point it started raining heavily, so I retreated inside. I missed the fuchsia and the bethel sage, the abutilons, gazanias and maybe one or two others. 

Not too bad for the first month of winter, as we approach the shortest day.

7 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Wow -- They are all so gorgeous! Great photos.

Julierose said...

You still have a lot of flowering going on--despite the heavy rains!! We expect rain this morning--so the rest of my irises will most likely droop down too...and so it goes in the gardens...
hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

The raindrops add a lovely sparkle. Shame about the tree dahlia but fortunate there is no other damage from the winds.

Marie Králová said...

So many beautiful flowers. They are very exotic for me.
Marie

jacaranda said...

Despite the cold and wet weather, your garden is still showing lovely colours.

Pamela said...

Even in winter, your garden is colorful and beautiful.

Laura said...

Thanks for posting pictures of your flowers. I like to see what is blooming in your world.