Thursday, May 12, 2022

An Outing

Today we took a drive to the Melton Botanic Garden. It was great to get away from the family worries that have been consuming me lately. The gardens are looking fantastic, and have really grown and developed since our last visit. I'm not sure when the last visit was, as the only post I could find was our   bus trip in 2018. But we really need to make more regular trips to this wonderful spot.

This meadow argus (Junonia villida) butterfly was in the first plant I saw as I got out of the car.

The gardens are full of wildlife, like this musk lorikeet:

And this rainbow lorikeet:
 
I was so taken with the wildlife I forgot to take photos of the garden vistas, apart from these ducks helpfully sitting around the sign that tells you what species they are:

The reason we went to the gardens on a Thursday was to visit the nursery. And of course we did not come away empty-handed!

A haul of interesting and unusual plants to add to our own garden.




6 comments:

Jeanette said...

I've never been, looks like a great place to chill out and enjoy nature. The plant with the white bell flowers looks really pretty, a great addition to your place.

Ivani said...

Great photos, Vireya. Gorgeous wildlife.

jacaranda said...

Being close to home, I have often walked the grounds of the garden and over the last few years the plants have grown beautifully. The volunteers maintain it wonderfully. Perhaps we can meet up in the gardens.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a great outing. Those critters are so colorful.

Wendy said...

Glad to see you were able to shake out the cobwebs :) I must call in there on the way through sometime!

Pamela said...

What colorful birds! You are so knowledgeable about all kinds of things.