Friday, May 20, 2022

Flowers High and Low

A little flower surprised me today:

This nodding-violet plant (Streptocarpus caulescens) was grown from a cutting by my neighbour and given to me a couple of years ago. I'll have to ask her if hers is flowering too. There's a second bud developing, I see now, although I never noticed the first bud!

At the other end of the size/height scale, the tree dahlias are brilliant this year.

Although the photo doesn't really do them justice. Perhaps if the sun had been out?


6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The Streptocarpus is so pretty. The leaves on mine are very different so they must be a different variety.

Ivani said...

Two beautiful and new to me, flowers.

Jeanette said...

Sweet nodding violet. Are your African Violets flowering too. My new plants grown from your leaves are getting bigger but no sign of flowers on them yet.

Julierose said...

Such a lovely violet--beautiful color...so saturated!!
Tree dahlias are new to me--don't know if we have them here in the States...Hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

A lovely surprise....

Pamela said...

Such a pretty flower! I don’t think I’ve seen a nodding violet before.