Monday, November 29, 2021

Retreat

 Over the weekend I attended a "stay at home" retreat. We hired space in a local school where we could sew and talk and eat and generally catch up on nearly two years. 

Saturday was also when the first clue of Bonnie Hunter's new mystery, Rhododendron Trail, was released. So that was the first thing I did at the retreat.

This is before they were trimmed. I'm making roughly half the quantity again this year.


The placemat challenge entries were displayed and voted on:




We had a competition to guess who made each one, as well as voting for our favourites. The winner is in the second photo - the Santa with the falling-over tree and presents. Second place was the one in the foreground of the last photo, with the reindeer and tree.

On the second day of the retreat I did a bit of hand sewing and a lot more talking. I attempted to pin baste a quilt, but I will need to do it again at home, due to wrinkles.

There was so much talking. Everyone had so many stories to tell from 2020 and 2021. And I must have done too much talking, as I ended up with chapped lips and a slightly hoarse voice!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh I just love your colors on the mystery quilt...I admit I was tempted with the Rhododendron title--but I am not up to making a big quilt and have never done mystery ones... not to mention my medical issues
S I G H so i will love watching how everyone interprets this one...hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

What a great response to the placemat challenge. Did anyone guess yours?
Have to agree with Julierose, the colours for the mystery are pretty good this year. I will watch as this one progresses.

Marie Králová said...

It was definitely a nice meeting with friends. I really miss our club PW meetings. I'm hesitant to join in sewing with Bonnie. But he will surely watch You sew. M.

Pamela said...

Wow! What a great turnout! They are very Christmasy. It must have been wonderful to get together again.

Maria said...

So many gorgeous placemats….. I did like the first prize entry and second. I did a Christmas workshop for our Patch group several years ago making the reindeer one….
Great colours for your Bonnie Mystery but I’m passing again this year….will enjoy watching your progress,

jacaranda said...

I must checkout the new Bonnie Mystery. Your colours are lovely. The retreat sounds like it was successful and a lot of stitching achieved. Great response to the placemat challenge.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun to talk to people again... I can't wait!