Monday, August 30, 2021

Pinned

Nine days ago, when our current lockdown started, I began working on a new project. It's a wall-hanging using Elizabeth Hartman's Greenhouse pattern. The lockdown was meant to last until 2nd September, and I wondered if I could finish the project before the lockdown finished.


Here's where I got to today:

I have also prepared the binding. Now I just need to get quilting!


I'm not sure where this fits into my WOOFA (Working On Or Finishing A ...) plans. It is not something that was hanging around waiting for me to work on it. But having this to do has helped me feel better about this lockdown. I've spent time in my sewing room almost every day, and although it looks likely the lockdown will be extended, I'm still aiming for the original finish date.


Check out Cheryll's WOOFA Party post to see what other people have managed to do this month.


11 comments:

ButterZ said...

Progress is good

Needled Mom said...

That looks really cute. You must be so worn down with the lockdowns. Aren’t we grateful to have our stitching at times like this?

Maria said...

Your wall hanging is looking really good..
I think it’s WOOFA worthy!

Cheryll said...

If WOOFA makes us work on a project on our LiST... then that's a gOOd thing...
Love the hanger so far...xox

Jeanette said...

Looking really good. If only your sewing power extended to a virus busting power too. Fingers crossed that the extension is not too long.

Pamela said...

Wonderful fabrics! This is a great project for the current lockdown.

Marie Králová said...

It's an interesting project and nice material. M.

jacaranda said...

Looking great.

Ivani said...

Your wall hanging is really pretty. So good you work on it and aired your mind during this lockdown time. Hope everything gets to normal soon. Take care and be healthy, Vireya!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what a pretty design that is! I love the flower pots! Will that be a wall hanging?

Maria said...

Love that wall hanging...