Thursday, September 2, 2021

Not Finished

Today was meant to be the end of our lockdown, but that isn't happening.

Last Saturday I posted about the first ever open flower on my Vulcan magnolia, but look at it now!

There's still one or maybe two buds to open. The flowers are just gorgeous:

And here's the first tulip of spring:

 

With our lockdown being extended to who knows when, it doesn't matter that quilting my Greenhouse wall-hanging is taking longer than I thought it would. Progress so far:

About three quarters of the background remains to be quilted. Sorry the photo is so dark. I've tried to lighten it up without bleaching out all the background, and this was about the best I could do. Once it is finished I'll take it outside so I can photograph it in good light.


4 comments:

Ivani said...

Love how you quilted the vases, this will be a beautiful wall hanger Vireya. That Vulcan Magnolia is gorgeous.

Jeanette said...

The magnolia is magnificent. Good thing we are having a spell of lovely weather so you can get outside a lot and admire it. The Greenhouse quilt is charming, I really like the long shape.

Needled Mom said...

That magnolia is stunning! Your quilting is looking so pretty.

Pamela said...

You have such pretty flowers! If I had to be locked down, I’d want to do it at your house. I love seeing your blooms.