Thursday, September 9, 2021

Successes

Lockdown 6+ or whatever number it is started almost 3 weeks ago. That day I posted about two new projects; a mushroom growing kit, and a wallhanging.

During the lockdown I have worked on the wallhanging, and regularly misted the mushroom kit. Most days we took the dogs for a walk, and on those walks we came across some interesting wildlife.

A swamp wallaby, seen on 4th Sept:

Actually there were two, but I only got a photo of one of them.

A koala, seen on 6th Sept:

I think there might actually be two, because the shapes seem to not be quite right for just one. It could be a mother with a largish baby. But it was a very long way up in the tree, so it was impossible to get a clear view.

A mob of kangaroos, seen on 7th Sept:

They were suprising, as initially I only saw three or four of them. But once they started moving, more and more appeared that had been lying down resting in the long grass. There are 16 of them in this photo.

Yesterday we got the news that this lockdown is finishing at midnight tonight.

I finished the wall hanging this afternoon! I was so excited to have it finished, I forgot to take it outside to get a good daylight photo before it went up on the wall.

It is hanging above the dresser that came from my parents' home last month.

And the mushroom kit?

Tiny mushrooms are appearing. Another success!




9 comments:

ButterZ said...

Well done. I love the fact you actually saw the koala. What is the plant draping down on the side of the dresser. It looks lovely. I think it would be nice in my spare bathroom

Laura said...

Your plant wall hanging looks great! Thanks for the mushroom progress pics.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for the walk.... & the wall hanger looks fantastic. Great job...xox

mac said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful hanging above your dresser.

Pamela said...

How exciting to see the animals! Your wall hanging turned out very nice, and you have it hung in the perfect place. What fun to see the mushrooms growing. I saw a package of six white mushrooms at the store for 198 yen. I thought they were too expensive so I didn’t buy any.

Ivani said...

Wild animals so close, this is fantastic, Vireya. What a great privilege. Your wall hanger is gorgeous and you found a perfect spot for it. ♥

Coburgcraftstuff said...

Wow love the cacti wall hanging, and double the swamp wallaby too - those distinctive coloured ears!

Jeanette said...

What wonderful successes. Love all your wildlife photos. My neighbour to the front told me this morning that she saw a swamp wallaby just opposite my drive way the other day. I haven't seen one around here in ages so I will be on the lookout now, such beautiful creatures.

Marie Králová said...

The flower panel is great. I also like the photo of animals. Marie