Saturday, August 21, 2021

New Projects

Yesterday things were a bit different. We could go to shops, and travel around. I went to Bunnings to buy Vermiculite, and came across the last of their mushroom growing kits:

This morning I set it up:
Hopeful that in about 3 weeks it will produce mushrooms:

 I'll let you know if it works.


Then we heard the inevitable, and not unexpected, news that regional Victoria was going back into lockdown from 1pm today. Is this lockdown 7, or is it part of lockdown 6 because 6 is still running in Melbourne? Perhaps it is 6a, or 6.1, or...? With only 2 hours notice, there wasn't time to rush out buying toilet paper (this is a joke), so we went for a walk.


I've decided to devote this lockdown to a new project. Something where if I work on it every day I could finish it before the lockdown ends. Some time in the last couple of years I bought Elizabeth Hartman's Greenhouse pattern:

I'm going to make a wall-hanging version, with just a few of the "plants". After the walk (and a cup of tea) I started work.
One pot made!


9 comments:

Pamela said...

The mushroom growing kit sounds interesting. I’ve never seen one before.
I like the wall hanging. You have a good goal. Do you know how long the lockdown will last? You don’t get much warning when it goes into effect!

ButterZ said...

This is a fun quilt/wall hanging idea. Hope you grow lots of mushrooms

Laura said...

I wish you success with your muchroom growing!

Julierose said...

Oh love that EH pattern--so cute--perfect for you.
sorry to hear of the new/extended lockdown...
it is such insanity to not wear masks or get vaccines...
Stay safe hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

EH designs great patterns and the Greenhouse one will make a lovely wall hanging…..

Marie Králová said...

I'm curious about your success with growing mushrooms. And I'm looking forward to pictures of the new project (flowers). Marie

Jeanette said...

Had one of those kits in the bottom of the linen press over 40 years ago. It was fun to open the door and pick fresh mushrooms each evening.
Happy growing of both projects.

jacaranda said...

We used to buy a mushroom box every couple of years, had great success. Lovely Greenhouse pattern, very appropriate for you.

Vivian said...

Ahh, of course, now that I go back a bit, I see the mushrooms were part of a growing kit! Love that! However, are these only sold during the Spring? I've never seen them at our garden centers here but will definitely need to watch for them from now on! I've already seen that your finished Greenhouse wall hanging looks succulent!!