Monday, August 9, 2021

Walks

Daily walks are important during lockdowns. Each day I look for something to add to iNaturalist while out and about.

On Friday I saw this small-leafed clematis:

 

On Saturday I found that scented sundews had started flowering on our block:


On Sunday I discovered a patch of nodding greenhood orchids:


Today we took a drive to the edge of our 5km limit, to see if the Lal Lal Falls were flowing well after our recent rainy days:

They were!

The dogs enjoyed some off-lead running around:


And I found some pretty coloured fungi of unknown species:


Today regional Victoria were told our lockdown is ending early at midnight tonight! I'm very thankful, as it gives me some extra time to finish emptying my parents' place. That is a great relief as I really didn't know how I was going to manage it.

I'm sorry for my friends in Melbourne still in lockdown, and particularly sorry for people in Sydney who have already done over a month of lockdown without any sign that their outbreak is being controlled.


4 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely photos from your Nature Walk...happy to hear you can perhaps finish up your parents' house...that will give you some closure...take care and stay safe hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

I have spotted the same wild plants flowering near here on my walks. I call the clematis Old Man's Beard but I am not sure if that is correct. No waterfall though. Lal Lal Falls look great.

Ivani said...

Lal Lal Falls is beautiful. Great photos.
Isn't great to observe the nature?

jacaranda said...

Wonderful flora spotted on your walks, nature is certainly beautiful and you have amazing areas to enjoy each day.