Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Growing Things

 The first flower is opening on my Limelight protea:

I just love the colours of this one!

 

In my sewing room I now have five blocks of the Greenhouse quilt made:


From left to right they are: cactus, jade, flower, aloe, and prickly. I think I want six blocks for the size wall-hanging I have in mind, but these five are the only ones in the pattern. If I repeat one, which one should I do? I'm considering either doing aloe in different colours, or making a cactus that faces the opposite way. What would you do?

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I would repeat the cactus. You finished these five so quickly!
I don’t know the Limelight protea, but it is gorgeous.

Julierose said...

I would make another of the Jade and put one on either end with the lower plants in the middle...this is really a cute pattern...nice work..hugs, Julierose

Laura said...

I would either make another cactus (switching the big and little parts) or a jade plant and change it around a little. Put 3 leaves on the left side and 4 on the right. That way you aren't exactly repeating a plant.

Hon Web Manager said...

What about just a single cactus...
but whatever you choose... it will look great...xox

Cheryll said...

OOps... the above comment is from me :)

jacaranda said...

Whatever you choose it will look great. Perhaps another jade with a slightly different shaped leaf. Looks terrific what you have done.

Jeanette said...

Why not make a new plant using elements from the others. eg another flower but using the top of prickly or the centre part of aloe shortened a bit. Maybe the leaves could point down instead of up. It is looking great as is your protea.

Wendy said...

G'day Vireya,
The wall hanging looks great. I think if I was making it I would 'bookend' it with the Cactus - reversed. But then... I like things symmetrical :)
Cheers Wendy.