Saturday, August 28, 2021

Beginnings

First butterfly I have seen this spring:

Not a great photo as I couldn't get very close to it. It is an Australian Painted Lady, Vanessa kershawi.


New lambs, born today:

I think the sheep on the left is about to give birth. The one in the middle had twins this morning (the second one is behind her - you can just see its tail).


Empty spool:

The one on the right has taken me 20 months (started in January last year) to work my way through.

I'm using this thread just for piecing, as I didn't have a lot of luck using it for quilting. Today I have started another 3000m spool. 

 

On the 1st January 2017, we planted a magnolia "Vulcan" which I received for Christmas the week before. Each year since then its flower buds have started, but not properly developed. But this year I've been watching as the buds have swelled up properly, and today the first one has opened:

It is gorgeous! And there are several more to come:

Happy spring! (Even though it doesn't start for another 3 days).


7 comments:

Marie Králová said...

Beautiful spring. These are cute little lambs. M.

Pamela said...

I’ve never seen a brand new lamb! All of these things seem like good omens. The start of a new season and the start of better things in the world.

ButterZ said...

The magnolia dips gorgeous. Spring is in the air. I just made a postcard for spring and it was a butterfly design. Lambs are so cute

Jeanette said...

An excellent start to Spring. How fortunate you are to have all this happening in your immediate neighbourhood.

Ivani said...

Spring is around the corner! beautiful Australian Painted Lady! Owo so sweet the new lambs.♥ Empty spool means you have sewn a lot! That is a wonderful magnolia.
Happy new week, Vireya!!

Needled Mom said...

Happy spring! That magnolia is beautiful. I love the So Fine thread for sewing and quilting.

jacaranda said...

Stunning colour of your magnolia. New beginnings to Spring, a colourful time in your garden.