Monday, September 7, 2020

Another Week

Somehow another week has gone by without a blog post. The days blend into each other, with nothing special happening from one week to the next. A trip to the supermarket becomes the "highlight" of the week!


However if you see something like this on your way home from the supermarket, it really is a highlight:

A pair of wedge-tailed eagles.

 

In the garden, spring is springing:

All those daffodils we planted last year have returned beautifully.


Flowers on the "Volunteer" camellia:


I've made a few more Trail Mix blocks, filling in a few gaps:


This morning the first of our tulips opened up:

And in the greenhouse, various critters found these orchid blooms before I noticed they were on their way:

A bit chewed up, but lovely to see anyway. There is a second bloom spike developing on this one, so more flowers to look forward to.





10 comments:

jacaranda said...

Exciting to see the eagles among the cows. A walk to my letterbox is about as exciting it gets here. Beautiful spring flowers in your garden.

Julierose said...

Beautiful eagles--an amazing sight ...I think your Trail Mix is coming together really well...nice to see your blooms, while over here everything is getting ready for their long Winter's nap..
Hugs, julierose

Pamela said...

It seems like each day is like the one before, each week like the one before. Your flowers, quilt, and birds are nice to see.

Dianne said...

The flowers are gorgeous but the wedgies are AWESOME! I actually saw a hobby falcon in our street in a Coburg about a month ago, and a couple of months back we saw an owl! Most unusual for Coburg!

Marie Králová said...

I have never seen an eagle in nature. Beautiful flowers in your garden. Autumn is approaching and we know it. Greetings. Marie

hetty said...

Excitement for me these days is a trip to the driveway to take the garbage out. I have never seen an eagle in the wild. Love your capture with the cows in the field. Trail Mix is looking good. Your flowers are beautiful. Not many left in my garden. Today is Labour Day here, the unofficial start of autumn.

Maria said...

Fabulous to see the pair of eagles..
Some beautiful blooms in the garden and green house.
Nice progress on Trail Mix.... I'm still quilting.

Jeanette said...

The eagles are wonderful. You are very fortunate to see them so close and on the ground. Thankyou for sharing this well captured photo. I have loved seeing them soar in the mountains - in another life time.

Vivian said...

I came here at the perfect time to see two of my favorite things: Spring Daffodils (so pretty) and a Trail Mix quilt in progress (still high on my wish list)! I saw on your last post you mentioned you're using stash now that the sizable scraps have been used up (lucky you!). Do you find it harder to work improv when using stash? I like scraps because I'm "forced" to work with "whatever I've got" but find when I work from stash, I tend to get more "matchy".

Cheryll said...

Your spring flowers are gorgeous...
& your trail mix is coming along nicely...xox