Monday, September 21, 2020

Tulips

The tulips that the postoffice misplaced for a few weeks, which it seems I last posted about in August when they started appearing above the soil, now look like this:

Beautiful stripy blooms! The variety is "Claudia". 

Only two of the six bulbs have flowered; the others started to form buds, but they didn't develop properly. I don't know if that was something to do with them being at the postoffice when they should have been in the ground settling in for winter, or what. Several of the bulbs had started sprouting when they arrived here, and maybe they are the ones that didn't flower? I don't know, but these two flowers are lovely. And maybe next year there will be even more of them to enjoy.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

I love tulips, but they only last such a short time. These pointed petals are very pretty.

Jeanette said...

What great survivors. Such a beautiful form, looking quite classic.

Julierose said...

They are beautiful tulips--such a rich color....
hugs, Julierose

hetty said...

Beautiful tulips! Claudia has an interesting shape and colours. As you know, I am originally from The Netherlands. Tulips are my favourite!

jacaranda said...

Very pretty colours but surprising as the photo on the packet showed purple and white stripes!!! My tulips this year weren’t as good as other years, but I am thrilled that a couple of your birthday tulips flowered.

Sue SA said...

Stunning and definitely worth the wait. Fingers crossed next year they all bloom. The higher then usual parcel rates this year has me thinking about Christmas already, in case I do need to post stuff...trying to avoid buying online as our local shops really have suffered enough this year.

Maria said...

Beautiful !!!