Thursday, August 13, 2020

Timesoup

I read an article this morning that suggested we aren't living in a timeline, but in a timesoup. "As the hours, days, weeks and months become a blur, it’s no longer clear if time is passing too quickly, or too slowly." That resonates with me!


I have no idea how much time has passed. I am very surprised at how long it is since I wrote a blog post. It was last month and we are now almost two weeks in to this month. 

We had snow on the 4th August:

 

I never wrote a stash report at the end of July, although when I went searching through my blog apparently I didn't do one at the end of June either. How did that happen?

Stash report for the end of July:

Thread:
No spools emptied, none added.
Year to date - no change.

Dress fabric:
None used, none added.
Year to date - up 4.25m.

Quilt fabric:
1.8m used, 0.5m added
Year to date - down 7.64m. 

But I've just realised that I never added into my spreadsheet any fabric used for face masks, so more fabric has been used than I have recorded.

 

There are signs spring is coming, such as more daffodils opening:

 

 Although the liquidambar still hung onto two red autumn leaves:

The tulips that took 3 weeks to travel 60kms back in May/June have started to pop up:

I planted the bulbs in a pot which just fits in my wombat planter. There were 3 tulips up when I took this photo 5 days ago, but by yesterday there were 5 up. I haven't looked at them this morning. 


This plum tree is the first tree in the orchard to have any blossom:

Photo taken on 10th August, when a birthday was celebrated in a very low-key isolated way.


Each day we watch for the new virus case numbers, hoping that the current restrictions will bring the numbers down, and worrying about what will happen if they don't. Doing too much worrying.


Some wildflowers are appearing:

Nodding greenhood orchid above, tall greenhood orchid below:

Nature is following its normal timeline, even if the humans are lost in timesoup.


11 comments:

jacaranda said...

I am excited on a number of things....your tulips popping out of the soil, spring is on it’s way, exciting to see snow and you are ok. Time is flying and so far we have managed to cope with what is happening.

Pamela said...

Timesoup is a good way to describe this time we are in. You have a wonderful area to see all the seasons, and to be away from the rest of the world.

Jeanette said...

I realised the other day that I am now totally governed by the weather. Nothing in the diary, so if it is dry, not windy then it is gardens time. Cold but sunny, a walk (1 hour only) and then weaving or stitching. Rainy and miserable, a bit of video binging or reading. Love seeing all the signs of spring in your garden.

Julierose said...

I totally agree with the "Time Soup" theory--the days here are a blur, and seem very long; but then here it is yet another Thursday already;000. I feel that our senior years are floating away into "Never-Neverland" with this isolation...and Covid fears...I think when in-person school begins we will see a huge uptick in cases...so silly to not just cancel until January when a potential vaccine may be available... S I G H --

So nice that Spring is coming for you; here we are seeing Autumnal signs already--drying tree leaves and browned grass...not looking forward to Winter, I can tell you!

take care, and stay vigilant hope you are all well...
and your Mom is doing ok...hugs from far, far away Julierose

Andee Neff said...

I have to agree with you about the time...feels like it is going too fast, yet not moving at al!

Marie Králová said...

It seems to me that the older I get, the faster my time passes. Marei

Cheryll said...

It's nice to have you back...lol
Time is a strange thing isn't it... the days pass slowly BuT when I look back at 7 months...it's flown by.
Stay safe...xox

hetty said...

I love your signs of spring! Timesoup is a good way to describe this crazy time. I am forever confused by what day it is. Minutes feel like hours and days go by in an instant.

Wendy said...

Time Soup - Love it!

ButterZ said...

Happy for you your tulips are sprouting. We were also commenting on how the days are merging into one and it will be Xmas before we realise.

Laura said...

Time soup here too. I'll be glad when there is a vaccine and life gets back to normal.