Sunday, August 30, 2020

Trail Mix Progress

I've made all the blocks I can from scraps for this quilt. Not that I have no scraps left, it is just that most of the Trail Mix blocks use pieces larger than what I have in the scrap basket. So now I have started cutting into stash fabrics to make the blocks.

So far I have roughly half the blocks I need. The arrangement will change as I continue, but I have pinned them up to see if I like the look of them (not sure), or what sort of fabrics I need to throw into the mix.

11 comments:

Pamela said...

This is interesting. I need to try to make something out of my bits and pieces.

jacaranda said...

Fabulous pattern, great way to use up your scrap pieces.

Julierose said...

I love that Trail Mix pattern--I have it on my list...
nice scrappy look you've got going...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Your Trail Mix is growing beautifully.
I also found at about the 3/4 mark I also started being fussy with fabric choices. Did make it harder....

Turid said...

Looks lovely, and very interesting. Good luck with your blocks.

Laura said...

You just reminded me that I started this quilt about 2 years ago. Need to get moving on it!

Jeanette said...

This is looking very promising. I can't imagine being at the end of my scraps so I am glad you added the size corollary.

hetty said...

Trail mix is growing nicely. It's an interesting pattern. I love the fabrics you are using.

ButterZ said...

I love this quilt. Maria did a beautiful one too.

Cheryll said...

I thought I already left a comment but can't see it... oh well blame it on Covid-19...
Your trail mix is growing nicely & will make a wonderful quilt...xox

Marie Králová said...

Work on the blanket continues nicely. Even some residues of substances will be used.
Marie