Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sixty-four Blocks

Today I made the last of the Trail Mix blocks, so now I need to finalise my arrangement so I can sew them together. Looking at a photo might help me see where blocks need to be moved around to balance the layout.

I have an 8 x 8 layout, but I can't get a photo of the whole thing. My design board is only wide enough for 7 blocks, which is why the ones down the left hand side are all hanging wonkily here:


And only 7 rows can be seen, as the cutting table gets in the way of the bottom row.


If I stand off to one side I can see all the rows, but I cut off a lot of the top row:


Anyway, that's where I'm up to. Do I move things around, or just sew them together the way they are?

10 comments:

Maria said...

Looks good to me sew just put your blocks together Vireya....

jacaranda said...

Looks great, I like the white squares.

Julierose said...

Oh, I find I am in the same situation with my CS blocks not all visible and/or fitting up on my wall.;000
Your Trail Mix is looking good the way you have it set up--
hugs, Julierose

Pamela said...

I really like this! So many interesting places to look.

Marie Králová said...

I really like the arrangement. Also when I hesitate, I take pictures and assess the variants. Marie

Jeanette said...

With the cold, rainy weather coming up it might be fun to play with different arrangements.

hetty said...

I love your Trail Mix! That is so stunning.

Andee Neff said...

Looking good!

Vivian said...

Oh, oh, oh, so much lovely going on! This is one of those arrangements that probably has a hundred different "looks good" layouts to choose from. I hope you can let it just "simmer" for a while on your wall. Either changes will eventually jump out at you or you will get tired of not having it done and say "what it is now is good!" and commence sewing it together. Don't worry, the quilt always tells you when it's ready!

Laura said...

I'm late to reading this post, but I love seeing Trail Mix. It makes me want to get mine out and work on it.