Monday, March 25, 2019

Test Block

If you have been around any quilty blogs or social media in the last week, you may have seen this announcement from Angels in Gumboots, a quilt shop in New Zealand:

It is a request for heart blocks to be made into quilts for people affected by what happened in Christchurch. If you can't read this, or want more details, they have a dedicated facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/healingheartsforchristchurch/

The full postal address is:
101 Cambridge Avenue,
Ashhurst 4810,
Manawatu-Wanganui,
New Zealand

Today I made a test block using the pattern they provided (although heart blocks can be made any way you like as long as they are the right size):
That worked out OK, so I have prepared a little pile of blocks which I should be able to chain-piece together quite quickly.

7 comments:

Jo said...

Very neat.. spread the word.

Pamela said...

Great block! And for a good cause.

jacaranda said...

Must make some.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the info. I will bring some on Thursday.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya lovely heart block my friend,great to spread the word,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Needled Mom said...

That is so pretty. I have seen so many popping up on social media.

Sue SA said...

I sent mine off in the post, but just reading this I realised I didn't write NZ on the envelope :( so I hope they make it!