Saturday, March 2, 2019

Bloom Five and Six

I've decided to make two blocks a fortnight, so that I can get this quilt finished in time for the Ballaarat Quilters exhibition later this year, which has a garden theme.

So here I am making pieces for blocks five and six:

And here is block five:

 And block six:

Since our last Bloomers Party I have finalised my sashing plan for my quilt. Here's the first row completed:
And the first half of the second row:
Which may look a bit weird so far, but I hope will start making sense once I have a bit more of the quilt made.

Linked to Cheryll's BLooMeRS PaRTy #4

8 comments:

Cheryll said...

WoW... I love the sashing idea... it looks fantastic.
Yes I may have to up the pace a little too... just need to stay home occasionally...ha ha...xox

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE your sashing idea. They look so pretty.

Jo said...

This is a very spring quilt. Loving the colours

Jeanette said...

Lovely rainbow sashing. Such a clever way to highlight the freshness of the blocks.

Maria said...

Beautiful Blooms and I think they look great with your sashing.....

Marie Králová said...

Work nicely continues. The flowers are gorgeous.
Marie

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

It's all so beautiful!

Susie H said...

Your sashing sparkles! Love !!!! And the background to block #6? I have some of that in my stash in two color ways! Beautiful gray circles.