Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Begonia Festival

The Ballarat begonia festival was on over the long weekend, but I didn't attend it. However, the day after is a great day to be able to look at the begonia display in the greenhouse without all the crowds.

The floral display is amazing:
 This one in a hanging basket was probably my favourite:

But it is not just about the flowers, and there was a large section showing the range of different foliage begonias can have:

I have one like one of these, which I purchased at a market stall last spring. I wonder if mine will ever be as lush as these ones?

5 comments:

Marie Králová said...

Begonias are ornamental with flower and leaf. The flower exhibition was amazing. Marie

jacaranda said...

Surprising, it was not all that busy Sunday lunchtime, perhaps the rain turned people away. I was drawn to the frilled edged blooms.

Jeanette said...

The off-centre leaf one in the top left of you last photo is my favourite. The flowers are quite modest but it is really hardy. I have one in a pot that was my grandmothers.

Pamela said...

Very pretty!

Jeann of Melton said...

The range of the begonia family continues to amaze me.