Saturday, May 26, 2018

Welcome Home. And Comments Chaos

Welcome home to my trusty Elna Lotus!
It has been out of action since the 29th of March - nearly 8 weeks. The problem wasn't in the foot control, as I had suspected. It was a burnt out capacitor in the motor somewhere. I actually got it back earlier this week, but late today was the first chance I had to set it up and do some sewing. It is so nice to have my old friend back home again.

Ignore that sticker from Statewide on the machine. I do not endorse them as machine repairers. They put that sticker there in 2009 and it has a permanent adhesive so I haven't been able to remove it yet.

Comments.


If you have left a comment since some time yesterday, I have not received any notification. If you are also a Blogger user, you may have noticed the same thing on your own blog. Thank you, Google! Presumably this is something to do with changes made for the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) on 25th May. But there are no answers on the Google Support site, only a lot of bloggers asking what on earth is going on.

I will try to reply to comments where I can, but it is quite likely I will miss some. So please excuse me, I'm not deliberately ignoring you! I hope Google can sort this out quickly, because it is a bit of a nuisance.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I am having the same issues with comments. I hate when these things happen.

Julierose said...

Always something right? I miss the original blogger...hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

The Elna looks happy to be back in its snug home. I hadn't realised how it fitted so well into the cabinet with the flaps tucked in neatly.

Jo said...

Good to have your machine back. Enjoy the sewing.
Yep, Google comments are not happening for a lot of us.. No need for a reply.

Maria said...

Lovely to have your friend back and enjoy some sewing...
Guess my blog will be the same. about to post soon sew I'll see then.