Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June UFOs

I still haven't completed the Zoo Animals quilt, which was my unfinished project to do in April (and carried over to May):
I have made a lot of progress since the start of April, when it was just a pile of blocks. (The blocks were designed by Kristy @ Quiet Play). Now all the sashing pieces are quilted, and about half the blocks have some quilting. I have to decide whether to keep working on it, or put it aside and concentrate on this month's project/s.

June's UFO numbers are 2 and 33. Fortunately I don't have a 33, but this is my 2:
As you might guess from the number, it is an old project. I started it in February 2009. It is the centre of The Quilt Show's Block-of-the-Month for 2009, Stars for a New Day designed by Susan H. Garman. I didn't want to make the whole quilt, but I had wanted to make a feathered star for quite a while. So here it is!

And it has been in its current state for at least 3 years. Some of it is already quilted, but there is a bit of work to do before it will be ready to have its binding put on. When I pulled it out, I was glad to see that I had put the binding fabric away with it. The quilt is a bit creased from being folded up in a box for so long. I've hung it up for now to see if some of the creases will drop out of it, but I think it will probably have to be ironed before I can work on it.

Can I get both projects finished this month?

I'm linking this post to Esther Aliu's Works-In-Progress link-up. Check it out here.

4 comments:

Kate said...

The zoo animals are looking good. The star is interesting. I have made one star quilt and that got stars out of my brain.

jacaranda said...

Love the star quilt, especially the border.

Wendy said...

Working well on the UFO challenge - I didn't get past trying to number them!

Jeanette said...

The four patch border is so sweet. Well worth finishing this UFO.