Sunday, January 30, 2022

Red Round-Up

As the end of January approaches it is time to see how the Rainbow Scrap Challenge went for this month.

IMAGE NAME

Red is not a colour I use a lot, so I didn't have a lot of red scraps:

Five hearts is actually more than I thought I might manage. The Quiltville mystery Rhododendron Trail that I have been working on resulted in a few dark red off-cuts that made their way into hearts.

I have passed the half-way mark in assembling it, and it is too big to hang straight on my design board. Once it is all together I will take it outside and get a photo that shows the colours better.

Speaking of outside, I just noticed the first flowers open on one of the crepe myrtles:

And a couple of red leaves anticipating autumn.

Linking this post to ScrapHappy Saturday, where you can see lots of amazing red blocks for this month.

Next month's colour will be aqua/teal. I have a lot more fabric in those colours, but it will be interesting to see how much is in the scrap collection.

11 comments:

conny's quilts en creaties said...

Lovely hearts you made.

Ivani said...

OWO Vireya I love your red hearts ♥ So glad you join the RSC fun. Welcome!!
Your Rhododendron Trail is going pretty well.
Crepe Myrtles flowers are so delicate. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great stitching week, my friend.

Pamela said...

I really like your red hearts. The rhododendron quilt also looks great. I don’t know what crepe myrtles are but the name sounds like fabric.

Julierose said...

Loving those red squares around the mystery quilt..they really set everything off so well!
Your scrappy hearts are so pretty, Vireya! I really do miss my machine sewing a lot..making do with some hexagon hand work...and digging out beneath 20" of snow here...["Where, Oh where, has my plowman gone, oh where oh where can he be?"] that's my song today;)))
hugs, julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

For not using much RED, you did well to get five Heart blocks out of your scrap stash. Your RT quilt is going to be gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Cheryll said...

RSC hearts look great...as does the beautiful Crepe Myrtle...good work Vireya.

Laura said...

Love your crepe myrtle!

Jeanette said...

Love the juicy tomatoes hiding in your heart blocks, but I don't think they are the bunny's favourite.
Crepe Myrtles are beginning to flower round here too. Such a pretty tree. I long for the day when my little one is big enough to flower.

Needled Mom said...

The red hearts look wonderful. I always love it when the Crepe Myrtles bloom.

Maria said...

Lovely red ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ..
Good progress on the mystery….

Andee Neff said...

The heart blocks are great! Loving R Trail too. It is quite an accomplishment to finish that one up!