Sunday, January 9, 2022

Step Seven

 I've made one block for step 7 of the Rhododendron Trail mystery quilt:

But now I am wondering whether to continue, or wait to see what comes next. At the moment I'm not keen on what these two blocks look like together. But maybe when I see the whole quilt I will love the full effect.


This step takes us to 92% of the finished size of the quilt. We haven't used the aqua colour, of which 2.25 yards was specified. Maybe it is just for borders, and you need that amount to cut them on the lengthwise grain? I could have a problem if that is the case. I have only a 1m piece of aqua and the shop I bought it from has closed for health reasons until further notice.

And what about those flying geese we haven't used yet? Borders, or something else?

This is really a mystery!




8 comments:

Jeanette said...

I guess that is the challenge of a mystery. There really needs to be something between these two. Clue 7 really looks like it is a framing block. Wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them ended up being on point.

Ivani said...

This block has a lot of tiny hour glass units... how to join these 2 blocks together will be reveled next Friday.

Turid said...

I'm sure this will come out beautifully in the end. A long lasting mystery.

Maria said...

Ah yeh! That’s what it is a mystery….. enjoy the journey….😀👍

Julierose said...

WOW I am impresses with your stick-to-it-ive-ness!;D
Looking forward to weeing how it will all play together...
hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

I am also looking forward to the next sequel. M.

Pamela said...

Yes, this is mysterious. I’ll look forward to the next step.

Vivian said...

I wouldn't worry about any of it: Bonnie's designs are flexible so if you don't like her layout, use the blocks and make a layout that appeals to you. Regarding the aqua, even if this is one of those rare times that she calls for a "constant" fabric, you could probably get away with adding another coordinating aqua to the mix to provide the full amount of the fabric you need. I bet the FG are for borders (ala her "Old Tobacco Road") or maybe sashing rectangles? I comment as I am about to go check out the reveal post next. I hope you are able to make it work through to a finish!