Thursday, December 30, 2021

Number Five

 I've just about finished Clue 5 of Rhododendron Trail, this year's Quiltville mystery by Bonnie Hunter:

Notice the neutral fabric at the top on the right? It is a fabric from 2012, but I bought it this year because it looked a bit like coronaviruses.

I'm making half the specified quantities. I've sewn everything for this clue, but these last ones still need trimming or "de-dog-earing". The next clue will be Saturday our time, or New Years Eve for Bonnie. 

In some previous mysteries, the reveal has happened on New Years Day. I'll be surprised if that happens this time (but then, it is a mystery, so it is always a surprise). I've been keeping track of the percentage of quilt top made according to the final measurements given at the beginning. And if my calculations are correct (always room for doubt), step five only takes us to 51% of the full quilt. So to get the reveal after only one more clue could mean a lot of sewing ahead in a short time.

Happy last day/s of the year, however you spend it/them.


13 comments:

Jeanette said...

It will be very interesting to see if your well researched prediction is correct. I hope there are a few more clues for your sake. Have you been playing with possible block combinations to guess the final design? I know that this never works, but it can be fun.

Coburgcraftstuff said...

Nice touch with the “ coronavirus” fabric! Happy farewell to 2021. I would like to spend the end of the year sewing but it gets rather to hot out in my sewing shed!

Julierose said...

Happy New Year, Vireya--I hope that we will see an end to any new variants !!
Your blocks are looking really pretty...loving those pinks...hugs, Julierose

Vivian said...

Taking the time to wish you a very, very safe and Happy New Year as you will get to it before we will!! Love the "coronavirus" print, LOL! You are making great progress, I think you will finish right along with the mystery period. How great to start the New Year with a new flimsey!!

Ivani said...

Hi Viereya, your blocks are looking really pretty. I am saving the clues, just in case...
Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year. Hugs

Turid said...

Pretty blocks with beautiful fabrics. Those mystery quilts are so time consuming. This time of the year I'm either visiting my children, or have full house. So difficult to take part. Looking forward to seeing how yours will end up.

Wendy said...

Looks good - I am waiting for the reveal.
Happy New Year!!!

Maria said...

Those blocks look great ...

Laura said...

The New Years Day reveal was one reason I didn't do the mystery this year. I don't like making half the project as a SAL and being left to sew on my own for the rest.

Marie Králová said...

It looks very interesting. I wish you a healthy and successful new year 2022. Marie

Andee Neff said...

The reveal is always SO MUCH to sew, I am hoping for a few more steps so I do not feel rushed, but I take it as it comes. I am glad you are keeping up pretty well. Step five took a hot minute!

Hens and Chicks said...

Beautiful blocks and you are a great deal ahead of me! I have never made a mystery quilt before, trying not to feel overwhelmed.

Pamela said...

Corona virus fabric - perfect!