Saturday, December 4, 2021

Geese in Progress

 I've half-made the flying geese for the second Rhododendron Trail mystery quilt clue:

I'm using the "4 at a time" method. I made one set first to make sure this would work. The final geese have to have yellow and neutral triangles. My practice blocks showed that if I did all the yellows first, then added the neutrals for the next step after this, I'll end up with the colours arranged as per Bonnie's instructions:

Half will have yellow on the left, and half will have it on the right.

I had more sewing time today than I was expecting, as visiting has been cancelled at Mum's nursing home again. Someone who visited earlier in the week later tested positive for covid, so the residents are being tested, the home is being "deep cleaned", and visitors are banned until they are sure there hasn't been any transmission of the virus. So far all the initial tests are negative, but they are planning to do a second test of everyone on Monday.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely yellows you have amassed there--so cheery!
Sorry about your Mom's Nursing home woes...at least you know they're being super careful...
hugs, Julierose

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Sue SA said...

Your flying geese look fantastic! I am loving the colours for Bonnies quilt this year. I am sorry to hear that you cannot visit your Mum, fingers crossed the tests all come back negative.

Cheryll said...

Ohhh looks interesting...
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas xox

Needledmom said...

Brilliant idea to do the geese that way! Sorry about another lockdown for your mum. I hope things continue to test negative.

Marie Králová said...

Nice block, nicely selected colors. I wish your mother negative test results for covid.
Marie

Jeanette said...

So organised and a really smart way to do things. It is hard to imagine a time when there won't be sudden changes to plans caused by this virus.

Pamela said...

These are so pretty. I need to learn the four at a time technique. I hope the tests are all negative. When will this end?