Saturday, February 27, 2021

WOOFA Report

For the last few days I've been making parts for this project which is nothing to do with the WOOFA Challenge (Working On Or Finishing A...):

There's lots more to do, and this isn't the final layout. Everything is just pinned up so I can get a feel for it. It is Alex Anderson's Birdhouse Quilt, which could turn into a long-term project if I decide to applique everything by hand. 


So why have I spent several days on this project? It is my reward for finishing all the WOOFA projects I nominated for February.

I finished the half-sewn dress on the 4th, and wore it one day the next week when we had a few days of summer.

My X-Plus quilt was basted, quilted and bound, then donated on the 20th.

And finally, 2 t-shirts that had been sitting around for nearly 2 years were sewn up and finished on the 22nd. And because summer went away again, both long-sleeved t-shirts have been worn as well.

So that's why I've been playing with Birdhouse bits!


I have decided that my March WOOFA project will be my small Frolic quilt, which is currently just a top. That will be appropriate, as I finished assembling the top in March last year.


This will also be donated when it is complete.


Linked to Cheryll's February WOOFA Party.

14 comments:

Maria said...

Well done on all your finishes for Feb..
Now your deserve to have a play with the Bird House Quilt.


Laura said...

Congratulations on all your February finishes!

Julierose said...

Oh have fun with your Alex Anderson project--it is so cute..and love those flower appliques...
hugs, julierose

hetty said...

Congrats on all your finishes for February. I love the Bird House quilt! The Frolic quilt will be wonderful too.

Cheryll said...

Alex Andersons project will be wonderful... looking forward to seeing that completed. Congrats on your February finishes...and a great challenge for your March WOOFA. xox

Pamela said...

You’ve done great with your finishes. Choosing something to work on and finish each month sounds like a really good idea. Something for me to think about!

Ivani said...

You deserve some play time Vireya, and it seems you had a lot of fun with the birdhouse quilt.
Your Frolic top is another beauty, looking forward to seeing how it will be quilted.

ButterZ said...

Great work.. you have been busy

jacaranda said...

Well done, the items on your list are certainly being ticked off. Looking forward to what you will be doing for March.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Way to go with all those finishes! I am always amazed at how different a block can look just by changing the arrangement of color! Had to look close to realize the blocks on Frolic are all the same.

Fiona said...

I love what you are doing with the first quilt with the piecing at the back and applique on to it.... Great charity quilt too....
Hugz

Jeanette said...

You have every right to be feeling so chuffed and rewarding yourself. The birdhouse quilt is sweet, but as they are they remind me of insect hotels.

Marie Králová said...

I also send congratulations on the finished products. Marie

Raewyn said...

Congratulations on finishing your WOOFA projects in time that you could work on something new! I did see Alex's qal and think it would be nice to join in - yours is looking lovely.