Thursday, February 4, 2021

Ready to Wear

If the weather happens to warm up, I have a new summer dress:

I don't remember when I started sewing this dress. Sometime since 2015 when we moved here, I cut out this dress and sewed some of it together. I used a machine I bought in Dec 2018 for the decorative top-stitching (which isn't really visible in the photos), but I don't know if I used that machine for all of it.

It doesn't really matter, I guess. The point is that now it is finished!

It is a better fit on me than on the dressmakers dummy. Her curves are not in the same place as mine.

Now we just need some summer dress weather:

 Not in the next 6 days, it seems.


 

11 comments:

Pamela said...

This dress looks great - both the fabric and the pattern. Ihope you are able to wear it soon.

Laura said...

Congratulations on finishing your dress! It looks great!

Julierose said...

What a pretty cool looking dress; looks perfect for warmer days....
Nice finish
hugs, Julierose

Turid said...

What a beautiful dress. you're lucky to have summer temperatures. We have -8 C just now, and much snow. Not often we have winters like that.

jacaranda said...

Your dress is lovely. Can’t believe you have been there in your home for 5 years, time has flown.

Jeanette said...

Yay! Once you overcame the unpicking block this dress has been very quickly finished. For a pattern test it sure is very pretty. What other fabrics are you thinking of using to make it?

Cheryll said...

It will look lovely on you when you get to wear it...
Fingers crossed for some warmer temperatures...xox

Ivani said...

It looks great!
If there's one thing I don't know, it's sewing clothes.

ButterZ said...

Haha.. the models are never them same shape as us. It does look a lovely dress though. Good on you..

Dianne said...

There is sure to be another burst of warm weather! Lovely dress made in lovely fabric!

Marie Králová said...

Beautiful dress and nice fabric. Have a good time.
Marie