Monday, February 1, 2021

February WOOFA

After the success of completing my January WOOFA challenge (Working On Or Finishing A...UFO), I am going to be a bit more ambitious for February. I have four items I want to work on this month. Am I mad?

Quilt: next up in my pile of unfinished quilts is the X-Plus top I assembled last April. 

I have made a back for it, and have the batting. So I need to baste it and get quilting.

 

Sewing: This dress, which I mentioned yesterday when doing some necessary un-picking, needs its side seams, hem, and sleeves. (I think I know where the sleeves are.) 

And now that I have unpicked the mistake, there is nothing to stop me moving forward with it. (Spoiler alert: I actually put the zip in and sewed up the side seams this afternoon.)

In May 2019 I cut out two t-shirts. Here they are, still in the zip-lock bag I put them in after the cutting out:

I know it doesn't take long to sew up t-shirts, so this month I will get them finished.


So, four unfinished items which I will work on this month. I hope to actually finish at least three of them.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I think you will finish all four!

Julierose said...

That "X Plus" is one of my favorites that you've made. I haven't tried that pattern as yet...but it is on my "To-Do" list. good luck hugs, Julierose
(Snowing like crazee here now--10" predicted!!)

Andee Neff said...

I LOVE that X Plus quilt! so cute. Looking forward to your finishes!

Laura said...

I like the color combination you used in you quilt. Good luck getting it finished!

Marie Králová said...

Nice color tuning of the X blanket.Marie

Jeanette said...

The dress is looking really pretty, there will be enough fine weather to come for you to be wearing it very soon. February is looking like quite the month for you.

jacaranda said...

Looking forward to seeing your February UFO's finished.

Marly said...

Lovely X+ top. I hope you get your dress and t-shirts finished before the end of summer!