Monday, February 22, 2021

T-Shirts

Some time in May 2019 (yes, nearly 2 years ago) I cut out a couple of t-shirts. Yesterday I finally started sewing them, and now I have two new garments. 


They have bound necklines:

Twin needle hems:

Here's the first one:

This one is from a quite drapey stretchy fabric. It is the same fabric as a t-shirt I made in November 2014, which I still wear regularly. I bought 3 metres @ $4 per metre from a shop in Brunswick, which makes it $6 per t-shirt. Not bad considering I must have worn the first one about 100 times already.

And the other:

Holding its shape better on a hanger because it is a firmer, pure cotton, knit. I don't seem to have kept a record of when I bought it or what I paid for it, but it came from Spotlight probably not long before I cut out these two tops. 

Hooray for getting them made! Now I can work on that green thing they are hanging in front of, which is the beginnings of Alex Anderson's Birdhouse quilt.

8 comments:

ButterZ said...

This is a great looking top.
I always find it hard for a top pattern that fits and suits.

Laura said...

Great tops! Congratulations on 2 finishes!

Vivian said...

Good for you! I'm still waiting to finally get back to garment sewing. These look really good! I'd like to do t-shirts with stretch knits but am a little nervous about working with those fabrics.

Marie Králová said...

Really very nice t-shirts. You are a clever seamstress. Marie

Jeanette said...

You are obviously very impressed with your twin needle hem! Justifiably so. Great T's, you are on a roll.

jacaranda said...

Lovely Tshirts. I used to make all ours many, many years ago using my overlocker, which is on a shelf gathering dust!!. 2 more things to cross off your UFO list. Well done.

Ivani said...

Pretty t-shirts Vireya. You are a very versatile
seamstress. Love the birds one.

Pamela said...

These are great! New clothes and finished projects, I love it!