Friday, December 4, 2020

Quilting Along

Progress on quilting my Frolic, posted for future reference and so I don't get out of the blogging habit.

I started by ditch-stitching around all the blocks and the sashing and borders. I was a bit stuck when it came to actually quilting the blocks. I decided to outline a couple of the shapes in the block, and then as I was doing that an idea for the next bit occurred to me, then the next, and so on.

A bit hard to see so far, but here is the back where the solid fabric makes the quilting design clearer:
Those curvy corner shapes will get their own quilting design at some time when inspiration strikes.


Linked to Free Motion Mavericks

 

 

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful fancy quilting design, Vireya.
I figured out the photo problem (sort of, I fooled around with my phone a bit and then turned off the computer and now it works!!--Typical)
anyway, I am feeling better this morning and Tom is coming along now that he's on prescription...phew
hugs, Julierose :-()

Laura said...

Your quilting looks great! Love the colors in Frolic.

Jeanette said...

I like your approach. Get started and then see what happens next. Looking good so far.

Cheryll said...

It's always a great feeling when we are happy with our decisions with quilting. Looking good so far.
Merry Christmas xox

chrisknits said...

Beautiful design!! I am amazed how everyone sees something different in the quilting from the same pattern.

Pamela said...

Very pretty. Thanks for showing the back, too!

jacaranda said...

Looks great, as you finish one section the idea of what to do next will come to you, I like the random approach.

ButterZ said...

Your quilting looks great

hetty said...

Sorry I haven't left many comments lately. I do love your blog and admire all the lovely flowers you show. Your quilting looks fantastic. Love your attitude. Those poppies in your last post were beautiful. We are in complete lockdown here. The dreaded gray zone! Everything is closed except food and drug stores. There will be no Christmas for us.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilting is lovely, and pretty swirls!

Ivani said...

Your quilting is looking great Vireya. Frolic will be a gorgeous quilt.

Marie Králová said...

Great quilted, your blanket will be famous. Marie

Muv said...

Hello Vireya,
Isn't it fun when quilting patterns suggest themselves? It's looking great!
Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks.
Love, Muv