Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Orchid Repotting

A few of my orchids needed repotting. Some had outgrown their pots. Some were in plastic pots that weren't draining properly. And some were bits off other plants that didn't actually have pots at all yet. Today I spent some of my Christmas money on some new pots and a big bag of orchid mix, then got to work.

 These terracotta pots with holes in the sides are sold as orchid pots:

So it will be interesting to see if the orchids are happy in them.

I didn't only use new pots. This pair of pots were picked up from the hard rubbish collection nearly seven years ago:

They have had various things in them since, but now they are orchid homes. They shouldn't get waterlogged like the plastic pots these two orchids lived in before. I've put some bits of tiles under pots as well to lift them up off the shelves and help improve drainage.

Here they all are when I had finished for the day:

There are still a few in plastic, so there might be more repotting to come if today's are happier in their terracotta.


5 comments:

Jeanette said...

A good day's work. Happy orchids should reward you with more flower spikes.

Julierose said...

You have lots of lovely orchids--I like those two rescued pots--nice save hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

Dear Vireya, good health and satisfaction until the new year 2021. I look forward to your new products. Marie

Laura said...

Happy New Year, Vireya! Enjoy your orchids.

Pamela said...

You are amazing with plants!