Sunday, December 13, 2020

Directionally Challenged

 What's wrong with this picture?


As I was quilting a block yesterday afternoon, I just happened to notice that the swirls went the opposite way to an adjacent block. That was a bit annoying, but today when I looked at what I have done so far, I discovered that exactly half of them go one way and half the opposite. And not in any nice regular pattern that might look intentional. Oh well, I don't suppose it matters, and perhaps no-one else would ever notice anyway. But I really thought I was doing them all the same!

 

Completely unrelated, but cute:  

Today when I was doing some watering I discovered these little eyes looking at me.


It is a Ewing's tree frog, sheltering in a bromeliad.



12 comments:

ButterZ said...

I couldn’t see the difference until you pointed it out. If it’s all over it won’t matter.
Oh that frog is cute. Good habitat.

Jeanette said...

S curves and Z curves. Having just learned that 92% of twining plants follow a Z curve, you are obviously not a plant! (The lower ones are the Z curves)
Frogs are so wonderful to have in the garden.

Marly said...

Be glad all the fronds in one block are all going the same way!

Julierose said...

Mirror images are difficult at best; I am finding that on my butterfly embroideries...
What a cute little froggie hidden in there...quite a surprise, I'll bet. Hugs from our sheltering here, Julierose

Ivani said...

Well well... it is done as it is and this don't affect it's beauty. I guess the frog was so surprised as you were. Happy new week.

Barbara said...

I think having the spin in different directions randomly makes it more interesting.

Laura said...

I did the same type thing as I was piecing a quilt. Half my pinwheels spin one way, half the other, and I didn't discover it until I had the whole top together. If I had known beforehand, I would have used some alternating pattern.

Cheryll said...

No one will EvEr notice... they look great as they are.
Gorgeous little creature looking up at you too...
Merry Christmas xox

Marie Králová said...

At first glance, there is no difference. Quilted very nicely. The frog is cute.
Marie

hetty said...

I think your quilting looks fine. I love your little tree frog. So cute!

jacaranda said...

I wouldn’t worry about your different swirls, Amish law, there should always be something not perfect. I love frogs, he looked very happy and content in his hiding hole.

Pamela said...

Nothing is wrong! I think it looks fine.
What a tiny creature!