Saturday, November 28, 2020

Mystery Season

Bonnie Hunter has started her annual mystery quilt, this time called "Grassy Creek". The first clue was released some time between when I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning. However, I am not spending today working on the first clue. In fact, I have no immediate plans to participate this year. 


In my sewing room I have the following unfinished Bonnie Hunter mystery quilts:

(Links are to my most recent post of progress on each quilt)

Easy Street from 2012 (a top, and I have made a backing and have the batting)

Celtic Solstice from 2013 (quilting in progress)

Allietare from 2015 (it's a top)

Frolic from 2019 (basted, ready to be quilted)


That's why I decided to spend today doing this, rather than starting another mystery:

Beginning the quilting on Frolic.


10 comments:

Maria said...

Great idea to work on the ones you have...
I haven’t even looked at it this year....

Julierose said...

Good idea; I only tried her mystery one year and never finished...I frogged the parts and put them in my spare parts bins...I don't like quilt mysteries for myself, but I love watching how everyone's come together...Hugs from far away, Julierose

Ivani said...

My Celtic Solstice is still only a top. I am saving all the Mysteries, but never had start another one. Happy quinting!

Laura said...

My Celtic Solstice is just a top too. I am planning to do this new mystery just to use up scraps.

Marie Králová said...

I already looked at Bonnie. But I won't sew "Grassy Creek" this year. I will complete the ongoing projects. M.

jacaranda said...

I also agree, finish what you have first. "Grassy Creek" can always be done at another time

Jeanette said...

What a confession! I was sure you would have had them all finished. Makes me feel much better about my incomplete mysteries. I do like the idea of the mystery and seeing all the bits coming together - if only the pieces weren't so small and the quilts so big.

Pamela said...

Good for you! I have been trying harder to finish the projects that are already started, but still, I have a hard time not started new ones.

Andee Neff said...

Hoping when you are done with all that quilting of Bonnie quilts you will join in the mystery! SO MUCH FUN!

Needled Mom said...

Good idea. I promised myself each year that I cannot start the new one until the last one is finished.