Saturday, November 21, 2020

Rajah Borders Six and Seven

I finished attaching the sixth border a couple of days ago, and the whole thing looked very wonky:


Actually when I took that photo one side of the seventh border had been attached, but you can see how the pieced border does not want to lie flat.


I now have all four sides of border seven on, and there is still a little bit of wonkiness:

It is upside down, but you can see that the top border (at the bottom of the photo) has a few wiggles. I know that the borders are the right length. (Ignore the apparent mis-matching at the seams. The pattern has you cut these borders a bit wider than necessary, to be trimmed back later. But that means they look wrong until they are trimmed. It probably should have told you to cut the top and bottom borders longer as well as wider.) I'm hoping that the waviness is due to the bias effect of all those square-in-a-square units, and that once the final border is added and the quilting is done it will all be flat!


5 comments:

Maria said...

That’s annoying but I’m sure it will sit right once it all together and quilted.....

Julierose said...

I agree--it should quilt out fine. this is so pretty with those borders....lots of pieces in this one, vireya--it is lovely
hugs from faraway, Julierose

jacaranda said...

The borders are fabulous.

Jeanette said...

Nothing a good steam and press won't fix. Colours and shapes are terrific and I really like the red (or are they orange) squares in the corners.

Pamela said...

This is very pretty and I love all the small pieces!