Thursday, February 27, 2020

Later

My smaller Frolic, almost ready to be sewn together:
I've been working on this a little at a time this month, between hospital visits. It is made from the extra bits I had left-over from the main Frolic. I just need to decide what colour the cornerstones should be, then I can assemble this one.

When I did my review of the garden on the 15th, I expressed surprise that no belladonna lilies had come up this year. But I should learn to check my own blog. Last year my first belladonnas opened on 7th March. And this year might be much the same:
Pink belladonna lilies emerging above, and the bud of a white one beginning to open elsewhere in the garden below.
Why ours come up so much later than others in the district I do not know.

4 comments:

jacaranda said...

I removed my belladonna to be replanted and have some coming up from areas that they weren’t planted in.

Julierose said...

Looks like the lilies are almost ready to bloom...
Your small frolic is lovely...nice work hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

Not such a little Frolic, it is looking very good too.

Laura said...

Maybe they are a different variety? I'm enjoying your flowers! We just have daffodils now.