Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Happy Flowers

First flower on the orange dahlias:
This is the dahlia that surprised me by having an orange flower when it should have been purple. Mr Fothergills sent me a replacement purple one, but unfortunately that one died some time after moving here. The orange one has thrived, and now is in a few places in the garden. And I know what it is called now, as I found it for sale back in spring. It is Bonnie Fire.

Another happy-looking flower that wasn't open when I did post on the flowers of February, an alstroemeria:

5 comments:

jacaranda said...

Beautiful colours.

Jeanette said...

Bit like a certain mystery quilt, who knows what colours will appear and where. Beautiful dahlia.

Julierose said...

The dahlia is lovely--so many shades of peach-orange
hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

These are flowers of soft colors. Marie

Sue SA said...

I love orange in the garden now (I once avoided it!) and that is such a pretty flower. I have designs for Dahlias but they dont seem to like my soil.