Thursday, June 27, 2019

Winterknit

Ballan can be very cold in winter. I've spent a few cold mornings waiting for the train to arrive when I've been on my way to Melbourne. This morning as I drove through Ballan I couldn't help but notice that all the street trees and various other parts of the town are rugged up for winter:

These photos were taken when I arrived back in Ballan on my way home. This tree is outside the station, illuminated by the setting sun.
Back view of the same tree. If you enlarge this photo you might be able to see other decorated street trees in the background.

This one is "The Commuter Tree", and it was dressed by staff members of Glenroy College:

When I got home I found this page: Winterknit 2019, and an article in the Moorabool News.

I will have to go back to Ballan in the daytime before the end of winter to have a good look at the rest of the decorations.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh isn't that just the best? I love the "sweatered" trees...what fun hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

I guess even trees feel the cold. Lovely patterns knitted.

Sue SA said...

Love it!

Jeanette said...

Love yarn bombed trees and the way the low sun picks out the bright colours.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya how very interesting the tree looks,such a happy sight in the middle of Winter ,hope you are keeping warm my friend xx

Pamela said...

What fun!