Sunday, June 30, 2019

Easy Piecing

The last couple of days I have done a bit of mindless piecing:
This is three blocks in progress, webbed.I've made 16 blocks.

There are probably lots of ways to put them together, but here's what four blocks look like:
Blocks fully assembled now, but not pressed yet.

The inspiration was the pattern called "Sew Many Strips" from American Patchwork and Quilting. I first saw it at Sewing out of my Comfort Zone in May. I'm not intending to make the full quilt, just a small one as a donation quilt. The 16 blocks I have made might not be quite big enough though. They will either need a border, or I will make more blocks to make a 5 x 5 grid.


Stash at the end of June:

Thread:
One spool emptied, none added.
Year to date - down 8 spools.

Dress fabric:
None used, added 2m.
Year to date - down 3.25m.

Quilt fabric:
Used 1.2m, added 1.3m.
Year to date - up 2m.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh i like the setting of these a lot--all
together they look like seaglass...nice work...
I am trying to organize my WIPS a bit and finish
up a few things--basically taking a hand sewing break
to rest...hugs, Julierose

Marie Králová said...

It'll be a nice blanket. Marie

Sue SA said...

Love the effect (similar to log cabin) with out the extra work, such simplicity but packs a punch when put together. Especially like the controlled colour palette.

chris said...

Love what can be done with scraps - but you're not leading me into making this one...…………………… finished my Wild & Goosey - have yet to take a decent photo.

Pamela said...

This is very attractive. I have many small pieces of fabric, dare I think about starting one?

Jeanette said...

The full quilt has an attractive pixilated look. Blocks that follow a simple rule are always fun, but with so many seams it can be slow growing. Your colours glow.